Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Scorching heat of Mt. Balagbag

I usually have saturday shift work for three months starting March. I was getting burnout from night shift last months January and February and was not able to do my weekend pleasures because of resting for long hours of the day. Got so many climb invites from my friends but always not getting the chance to join them.


Yesterday, I decided to join the hosted dayhike of my friend Kimmy together with her churchy friends. Mt. Balagbag is indeed a perfect venue for the first time hikers and training ground for mountain bikers and trail runners.


Mt. Balagbag trail


Basically the trail of Mt. Balagbag is really brittle and dry type of land but a wide established road viewing 360 degrees of different mountain ranges. With minimal number of trees around that makes it hard for the hikers to position themselves while taking rest. Nevertheless, you can still relax in this mountain especially when its windy :) I could almost get my nap for an hour while in the summit.




With Sir Tony, I was happen to see him running so I called him and introduce myself. He is a friend of my friends and we only knew each other in Facebook.


Some of trail runners in Mt. Balagbag


This mountain still offers a very nice view and calmness of the mountain.

You can reach its summit for about 1 and a half hour and descend as fast as you wanted. And the expenses is so cheap to get here. 

Here's our expenses:

Bus to tungko- P30- P40
Take jeepney to Licao-licao- P27
Registration- P20










No comments:

Post a Comment